.

.

January 26, 2008

The Flood

So Saturday was an event filled day.  I had planned on getting a few loads of laundry done during the afternoon while I was studying.  But by about 2 in the afternoon I was going stir crazy and just needed to get out for a bit.  I decided to take a trip to Target, always a fun trip!  By the time I returned to the apartment their was a maintenance man in the hallway.  He explained to me that the hose on our washing machine had burst and flooded the kitchen and the dining room.  Luckily the kitchen is tiled and the dining room is basically empty.  But there was still about 4 inches of standing water in both rooms.  He also explained to me that the way they found the flood (since no one was home) was because it was “raining” on the ground level of the building...two floors down.  I went to check it out and the entire stairwell on the second and first floor were flooded as well as the ground floor hallways.  I took pictures a few hours after it happened so the standing water had pretty much gone down to just puddles.  
What is it with me and floods?
(my upstairs neighbors washing machine flooded my apartment in Raleigh last year)

No comments: