.

.

July 04, 2008

4th of July

For the last 2 years I have taken a trip out to Topsail, NC for the 4th of July with a group of friends.  I was really looking forward to making the trip down to NC for the annual 4th of July trip again this year but as the date got closer things just didn't seem to be working out.  I ended up not being able to go to NC and the group ended up not even going to Topsail.  So instead I opted to see the fireworks in Phily with a few friends.  (I actaully ended up seeing 3 separate fireworks displays in one night).  It rained for most of the evening but they still set off fireworks all over the city.  We took our umbrellas and braved the subway into the city.  It turned out to be a pretty good time.  Here are some pictures...

 4th of July in Topsail, NC 2006 - the first trip and some FABULOUS memories!
Fireworks in Phily this year.  This is a giant fountain with a statue in the middle.  A bunch of kids climbed up on the statue to watch the fireworks and I just thought it was a fun picture.
In the midst of the crowds with the fireworks right behind us.
Everyone trying to stay dry!

2 comments:

The Lenehan Family said...

I love fireworks! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! It was so good to talk to you the other day.

Jennie Fisher said...

I was getting wet in Philly that same night! We were in town for the phillies game and then stayed in NJ before we headed home the next day. How funny!
Love ya!
jennie