.

.

January 21, 2009

Big moments, hopefully not forgotten

I'm horrible at journaling.  I must have tried at least a hundred times over the last 15 years to start journaling but for some reason it just never sticks.  I read about all these historically famous people and how journaling changed there lives, or at least you can read about the changes in their lives in their journals.  Either way, I always regret the fact that I've never stuck with it.  

Over the last 6 months or so, however, there have been some incredible things happening in my life as I have been doing my rotations.  Patients I've met, procedures I've done, etc. and looking back on it, I am really sad that I haven't had a daily record of what I've been doing.  

Okay, here's where I have to admit that Grey's Anatomy has a huge part in this resurgance of regret about not journaling.  In the show Grey's Anatomy, Meredith has recently found all of these journals that her mother kept while she was a surgeon and is reading through all of these incredible experiences her mother had.  

Back to the point.  I figured I could at least blog about this stuff so later on down the line there is some record I can look back on.  Somehow blogging life experiences doesn't seem so difficult. Maybe because I feel like there's someone out there reading it and not just me writing it down to myself.  

So, next post is going to begin with my most recent big moment from rotations.  And hopefully over the next weeks and months I will add more that happen and also reflect back on some that I hope I can still remember from the last 6 months.

No comments: