.

.

June 28, 2011

oops....

I fell off the wagon. In my defense, I've had a LOT going on. Here's what's been going on over the last month!

I started running...
Went to camp (camp Celebrate from an earlier post)
Kept running...
Went to California for 5 days (where I ran EVERY day)
Still running...
Went camping for a weekend
A little more running...
Had surgery to get my tonsils taken out
okay, no running since then!

Its been almost 2 weeks since my surgery and I've FINALLY turned a corner and feel functional again. I just KNEW that while I was recuperating from surgery I was going to blog all the time and catch up on editing photos, etc. Yeah, I was wrong about that in a big way! All I could focus on was trying NOT to swallow and making it through the day until I could just go to bed again.

The good news, I lost 11 lbs in 12 days! Ha....I may write a book. I think I'm going to call it The Vicodin Cleanse! I couldn't eat without taking the meds, but once I took the meds I had no interest in eating.

Anyway, I'm about 90% better now, returning to work on Thursday and moving on with life...tonsil free!!!

I tried as hard as I could to rack up miles before surgery since I knew I'd lose a lot of time during recovery. I was able to get almost 30 miles in. Not quite as much as I'd hoped but still pretty good. So, now I've got 70 miles left in my challenge. Its a bit daunting but I'm up for the challenge. I won't be able to really start running for another 2 weeks but I'm hoping to get a few laps in of a slow "trot" until I'm back in the game!

Wish me luck!

and for those of you so inclined...i'd love some inspiration and accountability to keep running so leave me a FB message or a text if you think about it!

1 comment:

Amy Williams said...

Glad you are turning the corner after surgery. Your Vicodin diet made me think of the Braces Diet story (you know that one - correct?) Way to go on your running!