.

.

September 12, 2008

best brownies ever tonight

A lot of my friends that have blogs will blog about products that they like or have just found.  So, I'm joining the fad and blogging about my new favorite product.  
Tonight, with the raging social life that I lead, I stayed home to relax.  To my own defense, I have been working nights for the last 6 weeks and then had to be up at 7 am for lectures the last two days so I've been fairly exhausted.  While watching a marathon of House reruns I got a craving for brownies so I went to the pantry and found a box of NO PUDGE browine mix.  I bought this a few months ago when Bryan and Susannah had come to visit.  We saw it in the store and wanted to try it out but just didn't get around to it.  So here are a few of my favorite things about this brownie mix.
1.  Fat free!
2.  Less calories than most brownie mixes (i'll include nutrition facts at the end of the blog)
3.  VERY easy to make (you can actually cook them in the microwave)
4.  You can make a single serving at a time!!!

In order to not fall risk to eating an entire box of brownies over the weekend, I opted for the single serving directions.  It was so easy.  2 Tbsp of mix and 1 Tbsp of vanilla yogurt.  I used Stonyfield Farm Organic French Vanilla (my yogurt of choice).  Mix together and pop in the microwave for 1 minute.  I have to admit, I was really surprised.  It was great.  Gooey (I ate it with a spoon), warm, creamy, rich and chocolaty.  I don't know if I'll ever make another brownie.  
















Here's the break down of NO PUDGE vs. Betty Crocker Hershey's Original Supreme (the other mix we had in the pantry) for a 32g serving of each.

NO PUDGE Betty Crocker

Calories 120 160
Total Fat 0 1.5 g
Cholesterol  0   0
Sodium     100mg      105mg
Potassium 28mg 85mg
Total Carbs 28g 26g
Fiber 1g <1g
Sugars 22g 18g
Protein 2g 1g

aside from the sugars (which there's not much difference in) the NO PUDGE beats Betty in every category.  Try them out for yourselves.  I found them in the regular grocery store!


1 comment:

shellyeve said...

nice! i'll have to try those - they sound awesome!