.

.

September 06, 2008

The Todd Girls

Lisa Marks Todd is a friend that I met years ago when I took my very first mission trip, to the Dominican Republic.  Soon after that trip Lisa got married to Philip and not long after that they had their first daughter Embre Adell, who is now 3 years old.  Annalise followed not long after and is now about 19 months old.  Last spring Annalise was diagnosed with Hyperinsulinemia (HI) which causes her blood sugars to drop dangerously low.  Since then she has been in and out of hospitals and recently they were transfered from UNC up to CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia).  I was able to visit with them last week for a bit and again this week.  I snapped a few pictures during my visit of the girls playing. 

Embre Adell and Annalise playing with straws.  They said they were "shucking" the paper off the straws.  Too cute!



Sweet Annalise.  Look at those baby blues!


Embre Adell and her pink monkey.  A girl after my own heart.  


Lisa with the girls.  They were watching a movie so it was hard to get them to pay attention long enough for the picture.  I thought this one was pretty cute.



It was so nice to get to visit with Lisa and the girls (and Lisa's mom as well).  Even though Annalise has been through so much in the last few months she has such a great spirit about her and is full of smiles.  Ember Adell cares so much for her baby sister and is quick to give her a hug or kiss when she is sad.  What a sweet pair.  

You can read more about Annalise and her journey at her caringbridge website.  Enter the name Annalisetodd and follow the instructions.  If you feel led to help out this family in any way, with prayers, donations, even just an encouraging word, let me know and I'll tell you how.

No comments: