.

.

May 12, 2011

I'm sorry....did I really sign up for this?

So today was my "day 1". Officially the running starts this Saturday but I'm going to be out of town so I started today.

Lets just state the facts here.
1. I have "pretended" to be a runner for a lot of years now.
2. At one point in time, I actually could run 5 or 6 consecutive miles outside without dying (though it was usually a close call)
3. This is NOT that "one point in time"!

For a while now, I have only run on the treadmill and only done about 3 miles at a time. Today that changed. Not only do I want to reach my 100 mile goal for the summer, but I'd like to try to do it outside. The problem is, running outside is SOOOO much harder. Its not air conditioned, there are bugs, and the ground simply will NOT propel itself under foot like the treadmill does!

But I did it. My first mile, non-stop, outside! And as my feet hit the last steps of pavement leading up my driveway, the skies opened up and poured down cleansing rain! I will consider this the Lords way of giving me a fresh start!

1 down, 99 to go!

No comments: